First, every company needs a strategy to increase their Social Media reach.
You have to figure out who you will be talking to, what they like and need, and where they are.
Digitally marketing, including social media, is a long term tool for connecting with your customers and gaining new customers. If you think there is an easy way to succeed… there is: Trial and Error.
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Which social media accounts are most used by your customers? To find out, all you need to do is ask. Many companies will try to focus on as many as they can to reach everyone but you will be more successful using fewer accounts. Ask your customers using a short survey at the register to find out where your time is best spent.
- Hire one person (or company) to handle all your posting. If you hire MadCityMedia, for example, your voice stays the same and we make posts relevant and personal, not just facts and figures.
- Create posts that feature your business in an engaging way, so that you tell a story to your customers and ask them for an opinion.
- Encourage your staff to follow, like, and share your posts!
- Review your results and target what isn’t working so you can change it. Note what posts customers are responding to, sharing, and liking. Keep these posts in mind when you post the next time.